Do you have what it takes to be the best? Join our team of experienced English teachers and make a difference!
Work from the comfort of your own home delivering live teaching lessons for our global client base. Teach students from around the world.
This opportunity will allow you to be part of a rapidly growing business that prides itself on developing the best teachers.
- Starting Date: October 2020
- Contract Type: Fixed-term contract
- Location: Home-based
- Schedule: Shifts range from 6am-8pm, peak teaching hours are midday – 8pm weekdays and 6am-6pm weekends (South African time)
- Students: Typically professionals over the age of 18
- Training: Training and ongoing professional development will be provided
- Remuneration: Hourly rate of USD$6.00 + performance bonuses. Guaranteed 10-30 hours per week.
- Bachelor's Degree or above
- 120 TEFL/TESOL or above
- Great command of the English language (accent neutral)
- Highly computer literate
- No criminal record
- Great communication skills
- Able to work shifts during the week and weekends
Highly advantageous: Teaching experience – especially online English teaching
Technical requirements (non-negotiable)
- A quiet, clean, tidy and well-lit teaching environment
- PC specifications
- Processor: Intel ® Core™ i3 CPU @2.70GHz (4 CPUs) or greater
- Memory: 8GB RAM or greater
- Backup power (non-negotiable)
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) with battery life up to 4-5 hours
(or willing to purchase a UPS if you are hired) required during load
shedding and power outages
- Internet connection:
- High speed fibre (cabled, not wifi) connection. Please note that LTE is not suitable for this role
- Minimum of 10 mbps upload and download speed
- Noise cancelling headset
- HD camera